“If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail…” We are not a company that sells products, but rather a company that tests and identifies the issues, and comes up with the best solution for you based on your needs and budget. Let us use our 20+ years of experience to help you enjoy or build a more Healthy, Comfortable, Energy Efficient Home or Building.
From helping an existing homeowner solve an ongoing comfort issue in their house; to helping building inspectors, builders and remodelers understand the new energy codes; to verifying that work was done properly & to code; to architects to tradespeople wanting to build better homes more cost effectively we are to help you find the best solution, not just offer a sales pitch.
Builders & Remodelers –
Home & Business Owners –
Common Sense Building Cornerstone’s:
SLS Construction & Building Solutions LLC was created and continues to focus on what we like to call Common Sense Building Practices aka Cornerstone’s. The four main tenants of this are; Safety, Comfort, Efficiency & Knowledge.
- Safety & Health: No sense living in a home that makes you sick or isn’t safe, right? Have an existing home that you are constantly dusting, generally feel blahh in, or maybe you are looking to allow an older one to live without having to go to an assisted living facility? Want to design your dream home to make sure you don’t have these issues? Want to fix your existing one?
- Comfort: Who wants to live in a house where there are rooms that are constantly to hot, cold, or drafty? What’s it take to fix it or prevent the issues in the first place?
- Efficiency & Durability: Who likes wasting money? Not only do we focus on the electricity and gas side, but we also deal with water, time, labor and materials. The there is is the question – what good is something that saves money, but won’t last that long for the environment it’s in?
- Knowledge: “I don’t know, what I don’t know” – if you don’t know something it can have a major impact on the items above and on the long term success or other issues.
- Exactly what do I need to accomplish X?
- How do I operate or maintain Y & Z?
- Is that product the best thing since sliced bread?
- Just how well was my HVAC / Ventilation system(s) installed?
- How leaky is my house / how can I improve?
- What do these new codes mean & which is the best path to compliance?
Like more information on a topic – check out the links which many have pointers to some of our pieces on our blog – The HTRC (Homeowners & Trades Resource Center.) Please feel free to call (815) 200-3688 or shoot us an E-Mail to setup an appointment.
The quote “If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail…” is attributed by many to Bernard Baruch though no one is quite sure of the date or where it was said. The earliest version found in writing is “I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail…” is by Abraham Maslow in the book — The Psychology of Science: A Reconnaissance (1966). My personal version (or misquote) is “If all you carry is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”